Before Bindo, Part II - Optimize iPad Settings
You've completed the initial setup, and now it's time to tweak the iPad's settings to make sure it works great with Bindo. You'll find all these steps by going to your iPad's home screen and opening the Settings app - the icon looks like this:
Once you're in the Settings app, here's what to do:
Make sure your iOS is up to date
- Select General on the left hand side of the screen, then choose Software Update on the right.
- Download and install any updates listed (we recommend doing this while your iPad is plugged in to a power source).
Rename your iPad
- Select General on the left hand side of the screen, then choose About on the right.
- Tap the Name section, then rename your iPad using your store name and a different number for each iPad (ex: Bob's General Store iPad 1)
Turn off Auto-Lock
- Select Display & Brightness on the left hand side of the screen, then scroll down and select Auto-Lock on the right.
Never and make sure it is checked.
That's it for your Settings app, but we encourage you to play around with other settings at your leisure - it's one of the best ways to learn about using an iPad.
Next up, it's time to download and set up your apps - on to Part III!