Enable Cash Management
Enabling cash management allows users to track cash in the drawer and open and close shifts.
- Go to the the Sidebar > Settings > Add-ons and tap the three blue dots in the top-right corner edit your enabled Add-ons.
- Check the box next to Cash Management and give your first register a name that is unique to that register.
- Tap the Save button to Turn on Cash Management in your store.
Use Cash Management Feature
You will now see a new icon among the orange menu buttons in the upper right-hand corner of the Bindo POS app. Press this to open up the Cash Management Menu.
Open a New Shift
- Press the "Open Shift" button at the bottom of the pop-up menu.
- Enter the amount of cash you have to open the drawer (e.g. $200). Your drawer is now open and cash transactions will be tracked.
- If you ring a sale with cash management turned on and you do not open a shift, you will see a pop-up asking you to open your shift.
Pay In / Pay Out
- If you need to add or take away cash unrelated to a transaction, press the Pay In / Pay Out button in the Cash Management Menu.
- Tap the circle next to "+ Pay in" to track added cash or "- Pay out" to track removed cash.
- Enter the amount of cash you are adding or removing.
- Add any notes if you like.
- Press "Done".
Close a Shift
- Open the Cash Management Menu and tap "Close Shift".
- Count the cash in your drawer and enter the amount in the Cash Count field.
- To add any notes, tap in the note field.
- Press "Next" in the upper right-hand corner.
- The next screen will tell you if the cash count was over, under, or exactly as expected.
- The amount below defaults to what you should take out to achieve the original cash drawer amount. If the cash count is under the amount expected, you may add the amount necessary to float, or you may leave it as-is. At this point in the process, you may add or take out cash, as well as add a note for the shift.
- Press "Done" when you are finished.
View Cash Drawer Activity
- Go to Sidebar > Register Status and select the shift for which you would like information.
- Click on the blue gear icon in the upper right-hand corner to print or export the shift report.