Add or Edit a Product with a UPC
NOTE: Items with UPCs are limited in the ways they can be edited. If you need to change the Title, Description, Brand, Category, or Photo, please Report Product Info.
Scan New Products in the Register Screen
Go to the register and scan a product that is not in the inventory. By simply typing in the price, the item is added to the inventory and to the current sale.
Scan New Products in the Inventory Screen
- While in the Inventory Screen, scan the item you wish to add.
- Enter a price (required) and any other information you'd like (Quantity, Department, or Supplier Information are optional). You can also add supplier information and product cost in the Supplier Tab.
- Tap Save when you are done.
Add a New Product by entering the UPC manually
- While in the Inventory Screen, tap the + button.
- Type in the UPC (usually 12 numbers) and tap Done.
- Enter the information as described in the section above, and tap Save when you are done.
Edit an Existing UPC Product
- While in the Inventory Screen, scan the item you wish to edit. You can also scroll or use the search bar to find the item and tap on it.
- Tap the More Options icon in the upper right-hand corner and then tap Edit.
- Here you can edit the Price, Quantity, Department, Tax rate, and Supplier information. To update the title, description, brand, or category, first save the product and then Report Product Info.
- When you are finished editing, tap Save.