Rounding allows you to adjust order totals based on rules that you define. This generally applies in locations where single cent / penny currency, or other currency denominations are not used.
Adjust the Rounding Settings in the Bindo App under Bindo Settings > Business > Rounding Behavior. Tap on the three blue dots and tap "Edit Rounding Behavior" to make changes.
With Rounding there are four "Behavior" options:
- Normal Rounding (Default Setting): Products will sell at the exact price at which you set them plus applicable taxes, unless you set the "Decimal" point setting to 0 or 1. If the Decimal Point setting is 1, then any total that ends in 4, 3, 2, or 1 will be rounded down, and any total that ends in 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9 will be rounded up. If the Decimal Point setting is 0, then any total that ends in a number that is that is less than or equal to .49 will be rounded down, and any total that ends in a number that is greater than or equal to .50 will be rounded up.
- Rounding Up: All values will be rounded up, the number to which they are rounded depends on the Decimal Point setting that you have in place.
- Rounding Down: All values will be rounded down, the number to which they are rounded depends on the Decimal Point setting that you have in place.
- Round to the Nearest Five: Applies only if you select Decimal Point = 2 below. This will round the total to the nearest .05 cent value, any transactions ending in .01 or .02 will be rounded to .00, transactions ending in .03, .04, .05, .06, .07 will be rounded to .05 and transactions ending in .08 or .09 will be rounded to .10.
You may also select among three "Decimal Point" options:
- 0: Will not include any value after the decimal point. All transaction totals will be whole numbers (i.e. $12.00, $43.00, etc).
- 1: Will not include any individual cents in the transaction, this will round to the nearest 10 cent value. All transaction totals will end in 0 (i.e. $12.30, $90.80).
- 2 (Default Setting): Includes two decimal points in all transaction totals.
The amount rounded on each transaction displays on the register screen as well as on the receipt.