The deposit feature allows you to pre-sell products or services. When you sell a deposit you are issuing a credit towards the future purchase of products or services, and you have the option to include an expiration date.
To Sell a Deposit
- Tap on the blue $ icon next to the "Charge" button.
- Scroll down in the pop-up window and tap "Purchase Deposit".
- Enter Deposit details including Title, Amount, and Expiration Date (if applicable) and tap "Done"
- Best practice is to add a customer to the purchase to ensure proper deposit tracking. Adding a customer is not required but it is recommended. To add a customer tap on the blue customer icon in the top right corner, and select the relevant customer.
- Complete the sale. The Deposit is now available for use on future purchases.
To Apply a Deposit
- Tap on the blue $ icon next to the "Charge" button (see image in step 1 above).
- Scroll down in the pop-up window and tap "Apply Deposit".
- A list of your active deposits will show under the "Active Deposits" tab. Expired Deposits will appear under the Expired Deposits tab. Use the search bar to search for a specific deposit, or tap on the blue arrow in the right hand side of the search bar to filter by customer.
- Tap on a single or multiple deposits to apply the desposit(s) to the purchase.
- Add the products/services to the purchase and complete the purchase.
Deposits in Reports
Deposits are similar to Store Credit in that they can be used as a credit towards a purchase, however they are distinct from Store Credit in that they are not an actual method of Payment Tender. Deposits do not show as a payment method in your reports, instead the payment method for a deposit is the method of payment that was used when the deposit was sold.
There are two reports specific to Deposits:
- The "Deposit Credit Report" shows a list of all deposits including relevant deposit details.
- The "Reservation and Deposit Report" is specific to restaurants. This report shows a list of reservations for which customers have purchased a deposit.